Who Should Apply
• Any candidate
from English Medium School of any board can apply and
register for the Entrance Test.
• Age stipulation is strictly observed and the parent is
responsible for compliance as required by the age chart.
Age Chart for
Registration (Class age in Years):
Council Registration for Class XI :
- Formalities for getting eligibility certificates.
- Registration by council for the candidates taking ICSE &
- Those students admitted to the school in Class XI must
produce the following documents in Original and one attested
Xerox set at the earliest for the confirmation of student’s
registration for the ISC Course by the council :
• Class X Pass Certificate
• Class X Mark sheet
• Migration Certificate
• Transfer Certificate
• Caste Certificate (if applicable)
a) Any Letter, E-mail or Fax regarding the query for
admission to AVS or a request for the registration form
should be directed to the Head of Admissions in the
b) Dispatch of the registration form and prospectus to the
parents is done by the Admission Office.
a) A Bank draft
against Registration Fee should be drawn in favour of “The
Assam Valley School”, payable at Tezpur/Balipara.
Registration fee for Indian Candidate is Rs.12,000/- and for
foreign candidate is Rs. 15,000/- or 400 US Dollars.
b) Scrutinizing of Registration Forms :
(i) Only those forms with Registration Fee will be
(ii) Age-limit to be checked.
(iii) Duly attested copy of the Annual Exam Mark sheet of the
(iv) Photocopy of the Birth Certificate.
c) Registration number is provided to each candidate who has
met the above criteria.
d) Issue of the Admit Card, Syllabus and Instruction
regarding Written Test will be sent to all the registered
Procedure includes the Written Test and an Interview. The
candidate has to appear for a written test in English,
Mathematics, General Awareness and 2nd Language (Hindi/Bengali/Assamese).
Admission Interview of the candidate is done in presence of
the prospective parents. Interaction with the parents is an
important part of the admission procedure. The final
selection is based on the performance of the candidate both
in the Written Test and the Interview. 80% weightage is
given to the Written Test and 20% to the Interview.
- Computation of
Written Test Marks (80 %) + Interview (20%).
- Generation of Results through the Merit list.
- Vacancy Projection
- Offer Letter to the selected candidates.
- Dispatch of Offer Letter and instructions for depositing
the First Installment Fee Draft to confirm the acceptance of
Admission Offer at AVS.
- Regret letter to the rejected candidates.
for Admission Day
* Submission of the documents as per the check-list.
* Indemnity Bond to be signed by the Parents.
* Transportation of Luggage in the Houses.
* Lunch in the Houses.