MAIN FUNCTIONS OF THE AVS LIBRARY
- To create reading interest among students.
- To provide guidance for students in the use of books, reference books and other materials, tools of the library. Thus, he/she will learn how to locate materials and search for information.
- To encourage and provide facilities for independent learning and self-propelled study both within the syllabus and beyond it.
- To provide reading materials, current as well as retrospective.
- To educate students so that their performance can be improved considerably if they use the library regularly.
- To organize book fair twice in a year in the school campus.
- To provide information related to their subject and interest.
- To encourage and assist them in finding information on their subject.
- To provide for the requirements of the teachers with regard to textbooks, related books, reference materials, audio-visual materials, curriculum enrichment materials (like books on methods of instruction, formulation of curriculum, psychology of children, etc.)
- To encourage teachers so that they should give assignment to students. A teacher can direct the attention of children to the reading materials in the library for follow-up to topics covered in the class to further the interest.