- The AVS Library is open on all working days from 7:30 a.m. – 1:55 p.m. and 3.00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
- Sunday: 9:45 a.m. –1:00 p.m.
- Members are allowed to borrow books as per the limits below:
(a) Classes IV-XII- 1 book (b) Teaching staff- 5 books (c) Non-Teaching staff- 3 books
- Reference books and current periodicals are not issued. These can be issued for an overnight at the discretion of the Librarian.
- Books are issued for 14 days. A single renewal of 5 days can be done once. CDs’ and videos can be borrowed for 5 days only. Books/videos/CDs must be returned on or before the due date. Library property must be returned for stock verification 10 days before proceeding on summer and winter vacation. Those members, who proceed for short vacation other than official, are also advised to clear all the library dues at least 3 days before the leave.
- 100 books can be borrowed for the Library of Primary Section. Head of the Primary Section is fully responsible for the stock received through the library and kept under their charge. These books must be returned for stock verification 10 days before proceeding on summer and winter vacation.
- The Librarian can recall any book at any time from the members.
- The borrower is responsible for the books they borrow from the library. They are advised to examine the condition of the book at the time of borrowing and report any damage found to the issuing authority. The issuing authority will note the condition of damage on the book and sign and stamp. Once the book is accepted for issue the borrower is responsible for the book.
- Loss of any borrowed book must be reported to the librarian at the first opportunity. The librarian may accept replacement within two months of the loss of the book or charge the borrower the cost of the book.
- Library dues must be cleared when members leave the School. The library automatically notifies the Accounts Department about the member’s dues if they do not clear the dues themselves. No enquiry will be entertained by the library in this regard.